We intend to ‘Build Back Better’ and our vision is to create a City that people believe in now and in the future – by offering a vibrant Economy, re-vitalized City Centre and clean green open spaces…..recognising the City’s unique Heritage, its Cathedral, University, River and stunning strategic location – with easy access to 2 railway lines, the M5 Motorway/A303 trunk road, Airport, 2 National parks and 2 coastlines!
- Get the Basics right! Empty the litter bins, cut the grass, clean up rubbish and graffiti, deal with anti-social behaviour. Promote a scheme of City Wardens to make residents feel safe and have someone to speak to.
- Improve Re-cycling. Offer kerb-side recycling of glass and food waste, Offer weekly refuge collections where needed ie in areas of houses in multiple occupation
- Deliver more affordable housing – both to buy and rent. Work with Housing Associations and Developers to create and widen the range of housing available to deliver housing for local people.
- Listen to Residents! Consult on projects – hold regular surgeries and consultation events in local neighbourhoods and find out what people want.
- Revitalise the High Street and City Centre. Find alternative uses for redundant shops. Create living spaces, a ‘Café Culture’ and a ‘Market Square/Entertainment Space’ Prioritise the City’s offering around leisure and promote and work with others to deliver a Music/Entertainment venue in the City Centre. Freeze parking charges.
- Take a lead on Climate Change to help Exeter meet its Net Zero Carbon City target by 2030. Encourage people to walk and cycle and work with DCC to deliver safer Cycle lanes and footpaths. Reduce air-pollution.